Please reserve all non emergency telephone calls for the next business day. Please note that we are unable to refill prescriptions after hours.
If a true emergency exists and you are either not pregnant or less than 20 weeks pregnant you should call 911 or go to the Emergency Room of the hospital.
If a true emergency exists and you are more than 20 weeks pregnant you should go to the Labor & Delivery Department at your chosen or insurance stated hospital.
GYN patients should go immediately to the hospital ER if their symptoms include:
- Vaginal Bleeding – saturation of more than one pad per hour, or heavy bleeding associated with lightheaded or dizziness
- Loss of consciousness
- Postoperative temperature greater than 101 degrees Fahrenheit
- Severe uncontrollable abdominal pain
- Severe nausea and vomiting with inability to keep down liquids for more than 4-6 hours
Pregnant mothers should go immediately to the ER if their symptoms include:
- Persistently decreased fetal movement after hydration and focused counting of less than 6 movements in one hour
- Vaginal bleeding requiring one pad per hour, or heavy bleeding associated with lightheaded or dizziness
- Leakage of fluid other than mucous plug or urine
- Contractions: less than 35 weeks – six or more contractions in an hour that do not resolve with hydration. Greater than 35 weeks – painful contractions every 5 minutes persistently for one hour.
- Severe headache or upper abdominal pain
- Painful urination with a fever
- Severe nausea and vomiting with inability to keep liquids down for 4-6 hours
If your question is not answered here please see our frequently asked question area. If you do not find the answer to your question in this area and wish to speak to the on-call doctor please call 785-295-9642. This is an answering service who will page the physician.
ONCE YOU HAVE REQUESTED THE ANSWERING SERVICE TO PAGE THE PHYSICIAN WE ASK THAT YOU KEEP THE TELEPHONE LINE OPEN FOR ONE HOUR AS THE DOCTOR ON-CALL MAY BE INVOLVED WITH ANOTHER PATIENT.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOT CALL BACK A BUSY LINE.
IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD BACK AFTER THE HOUR IS UP PLEASE CALL THE ANSWERING SERVICE AGAIN.